AKVIS ArtWork is a program for creating paintings from digital photos. It offers different painting styles including oil painting, comics and pen, linocut, pastel, watercolor, and others.
• Watercolor – this tool changes the digital image into a watercolor painting using advanced techniques
• Comics – this tool changes the digital photo into a poster or cartoon that can be used to make a comic strip or a poster
• Gouache – the gouache technique creates a tempera image using bold colors
• Pen and ink – the photo is replicated as an image that looks like it’s done with pen and paper
• Pastel – the pastel technique uses subtle strokes to simulate the use of pastel sticks
The AKVIS ArtWork’s interface is simple and easy to use. Majority of the main window is dedicated to the photo. The command buttons are located at the top portion. The navigator, located at the right side of the window, displays the settings for the painting styles including the stroke thickness, intensity, saturation, etc. Users can also save the settings as profiles so that they can be used for other projects. The main window also has ‘before’ and ‘after’ tabs so that users can see the differences.