AhnLab Online Security is a security program that protects the user’s computer against threats that might enter the computer while browsing the Internet. The program also aims to provide security for users who do online transactions. The program makes use of three security elements to provide security.
The program’s users interface displays a summary of the computer’s state including the security status, last scan date, and engine version. It also displays if the three security elements (real-time system scan, network intrusion prevention, and personal firewall) are enabled or disabled. Other protection methods are displayed on the left side of the window. These are:
• System Security – Displays a list of locations (disks and folders) that can be scanned by the application.
• Network Protection – This section shows if the personal firewall and network intrusion prevention are enabled or disabled. It also has the network access control where users can view IP addresses that are connected to the Internet.
• Content Filtering – This section monitors websites accessed and prevents the user from accessing illicit websites. This is also where users can add websites to block.
• Email Protection – This section monitors all outgoing and incoming emails to see if there are threats included.
• System Tuning – The System Tuning section optimizes the computer to improve system performance.