Afterfall: InSanity, formerly called Bourgeoisie: Pearl of the Wastelands, is a survival video game that was launched in 2011. The game is set in a post-apocalyptic world years after World War III (2035). Players control the character Albert Tokaj, a member of the medical team who treats mentally unstable patients, but also shows symptoms of mental instability. Most of the game is played in an underground setting where the citizens took shelter after World War III.
The aim of the game is to beat monsters, make major decisions, and complete tasks in order to find answers and save the remaining residents in the shelter. Players get the chance to use a wide variety of weapons for close and long-range combat.
Other features of Afterfall: InSanity are the following:
• Uses Unreal-Engine 3 for state of the art effects
• Dramatic soundtrack for enhancing the dark atmosphere in the game
• Rich storyline with lots of twists and turns
• Expansive levels that spread through cities, mines, bunkers, and tunnels
• Detailed game environments
The game is also available in extended edition. The extended edition contains improvements to the game play, such as new weapons, improved special effects, improved cut screens, and more elements of psychosis.