Adobe Flash Catalyst CS5.5 is a Rich Internet Application developed and published by Adobe Systems Incorporated. The program is particularly used by designers to create user interface and interactive components without having to write a code. With this program, designers can make functional prototypes that are based on the Adobe Flex framework. The CS5.5 version of Adobe Flash Catalyst offers various enhancements and new features. It also includes enhancements recommended by users.
The following are the major updates available in Flash Catalyst CS5.5:
• Complete Designer-Developer Workflow – This new feature enables designers and developers to collaborate and coordinate with each other on a single project. This minimizes the time required to finish a certain project. Workflows are protected as well to prevent modifying or deleting components.
• Resizable Components and Applications – This feature enables designers to define constraints for controlling how components and applications change when used on a various screen sizes.
• Improved Animations and Timelines – The CS5.5 version provides an improved Timelines panel for navigating timeline transitions. It also improved the efficient codes.
• Common Library Panel – The CS5.5 version replaced the Wireframe Components Panel with the Common Library Panel. This new feature provides descriptive and more icons. The components are categorized into two – Flex components and Placeholder components.
• Custom Skinnable Components – The custom skinnable components built using Flash Builder 4.5 can be skinned using the Flash Catalyst CS5.5.
Adobe Flash Catalyst CS5.5 has been discontinued on April 23, 2012.