Adobe Dreamweaver CS5.5 is a program used for web development. Adobe Systems first released the CS5.5 version on April 12, 2011. It is a standalone component but it is also included in Adobe CS5.5 Web Premium, Master Collection, and Design Premium. The program provides tools and features that enable designers and developers to create and maintain a website. This version provides enhancements and additional features not available in previous CS versions.
Here are some major changes/additions in the CS5.5 version of Adobe Dreamweaver:
• FTPeS and FTPS support – This version now has support for this transfer protocols. With this feature, transferring files from Dreamweaver is now more secure. It also enables developers to support a wider range of client and server platforms setups.
• Improved Subversion VCS support – Dreamweaver CS5.5 is integrated with Subversion. It now offers updated libraries and improved support for the Subversion VCS, which enables designers and developers a better workflow since they are using the same user interface for both version control and web development.
• W3C Validation – This feature lets developers attain more accurate code results for several HTML/XHTML versions.
• Improved Live View support – This version is now capable of rendering JavaScrip, code, and video in multi-screen, web, and mobile projects.
• PhoneGap Integration – The CS5.5 version is now integrated with PhoneGap. This enables developers to streamline mobile/tablet-related projects.
Aside from these, this version also offers jQuery Integration, improved HTML5 and CSS3 support, and improved multi-screen preview panel.