Adobe Acrobat 3D Version 8 is a software application developed by Adobe Systems Inc. that allows users to create and view files in Portable Document Format. While many PDF readers offer the same functionality as that of Acrobat, this particular application also offers other features that are not present in conventional readers. These include:
• The ability to merge and combine multiple PDF files into a single file
• Streamline the processes involved in bookmarking and tagging certain pages in PDF document
• Encrypt a document by utilizing standards that are accepted across systems and platforms
• Allow users to convert PDF documents into other proprietary file types, such as Microsoft Office documents
• Set a default way to prepare and view documents and configure them to be persistent with future edits and views
In addition to these value-added functionalities, Acrobat 3D Version 8 also allows for compatibility with embedded 3D objects within a PDF file, so long as these objects are from the Universal 3D format. This means that 3D graphics that are integrated within the contents of a PDF file can now be viewed with a PDF reader and can be edited by Acrobat itself. The current release of Adobe Acrobat now stands at version 11 for Windows and Apple’s iOS and version 10 for devices running Android.